On Friday, February 1, 2019, the Middle School had their second Town Hall of the school year. Town Hall is an opportunity for students, faculty, and staff to reflect on the exciting events going on every day at LMS. Grades 6, 7, and 8 are brought together to celebrate what goes on at LMS, and remember that each student is an important part of our community.
Our Town Hall began with two performances: the National Anthem and a rendition of "This Is Me," from members of the Drama Showcase. The Town Hall presentation then honored the following:
- LMS Drama Club Showcase
- Winter Concerts- Band, Orchestra, Chorus, and Dance were all highlighted
- All County Festival Participants and Long Island String Festival Participants
- Upcoming show of The Little Mermaid
- Girls Volleyball
- Boys Basketball
- Thanksgiving Drive and Thanksgiving Celebration
- Edible "Cell"ebration activity in the 6th grade Science classes
- 6th grade Pyramid Building activity
- 7th grade Business Writing Letter activity, with prizes won from student writing!
- 8th grade Mayor Essay Contest- Deadline March 6!
- Principal's Challenge #1- to promote attendance by earning a trip to watch The Nets basketball game
- Announcement of Principal's Challenge #2- to promote math comprehension by completing 100% of IXL's with an 85% or higher score
- Blizzard of Kindness
- World Day of Kindness
- Yearbook, with a push for 8th graders to bring baby pictures in for the Yearbook